Could it be possible that next week marks the end of February and start of March? It seems only yesterday I was making my New Year’s Resolutions (all have been abandoned by now). No matter the date, however, ThurstonTalk always has a list full of ideas for weekend fun for any season. This weekend is no different with razor clam digs, amazing theater productions, workshops and more. For a full listing of events, visit the ThurstonTalk events calendar here.
- Grab your shovel (or clam gun) and dig your dinner. Razor clam tides run all weekend.
- Sing along to family favorites at Olympia School District Players’ production of “Annie.”
- Visit the Delphi Pioneer Cemetery for equal parts local history and the heebie-jeebies.
- Explore the possibility of extraterrestrial life at this weekend’s UFO Summit at Quinault Beach Resort.
- Find a good book, and good cup of coffee, at Books, Brownies and Beans benefitting area homeless.
- Eat donuts. It’s the perfect weekend treat. Local options explained here.
- Get crafty with a trip to Shipwreck Beads to shop or sign up for a class.
- Check off one of these 17 “must do” items from our 2017 list.
- Travel south just 30 minutes and explore historic downtown Centralia with this guide.
- Complete the Olympia Downtown Parking Survey and help shape how our town works.
- Take a spin at Skateland. You might see local speed skater Micki Renick there, too.
- Find some time for yourself at one of these six local yoga studios. Om…..
- Stop into Nelson Interiors and find inspiration for new home decor or furniture.
- Plan a visit to the South Sound Estuarium. You won’t be disappointed.
- Catch Oscar nominated film “A Man Called Ove” Friday night at Capitol Theater based on the popular book.
- Laugh your Saturday night away at the Comic Strippers showing at SPSCC’s Minnaert Center.
- Pitch in to help your community at one of the many work parties at local parks this weekend.
- Enjoy live music or attend a trivia night at Lacey’s Forrey’s Forza – it’s a lot more than just coffee.
- Bring your child for a free dental exam from noon – 2 p.m. at the Hands On Children’s Museum.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.
*Photo credit: Chris Hamilton