Happy Holidays, Olympia! Whether you are lighting the Menorah or hanging your stockings with care this weekend, ThurstonTalk’s Weekend Event Calendar will help guide you to activities and great reads for the times between the celebrations. With kids out of school, visiting relatives and a few extra days off from work, you just might find yourself asking what there is to do around town. Use our list to add to the fun this weekend. And, from all of us at ThurstonTalk, have a wonderful holiday.
- Drive our Christmas lights tour using this guide to the best displays.
- Get in the Christmas spirit at Harlequin Production’s Stardust Christmas Enchantment.
- Add a stop at Papillon Marketplace, downtown’s newest store, to your shopping list. Goods are made by, and help support, families in Haiti.
- Secure your reservations for the Governor’s Inaugural Ball on January 11.
- Visit the Olympia Farmers’ Market for those last minute gifts. Open Friday and Saturday.
- Add fresh, local eggs to your breakfast table from Samantha Worth’s chickens.
- Find some snow while sledding at Mount Rainier.
- Be inspired by Nancy Hadley’s story of making a new life for herself through the SPSCC Foundation.
- Contemplate some new ink for the new year at one of these top tattoo shops.
- Take a walk around Capital Lake and learn a little local history on the way.
- Sneak out for a date night while the in-laws are here to watch the kids.
- Run off the Christmas cookies with one of these 6 local trail runs.
- Pack up the family and explore the Bountiful Byway.
- Give a gift that needs no wrapping. Great gifts of experience found here.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.
*Photo Credit: Chris Hamilton