Wasn’t that sun beautiful this week? At ThurstonTalk, we love all the seasons in Olympia but these glimpses of consistent sunshine are so delightful. As the weather transitions back to rain (boo!), look for a variety of indoor activities through our event calendar.
- Head over to Free Friday Night at the Hands On Children’s Museum.
- Catch one of four performances by the Olympia Choral Society throughout the weekend.
- Laugh at the South Sound Improv Comedy Festival on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Attend the Pier Peer educational event at Boston Harbor Marina on Friday evening.
- Joke around at the Run Like a Fool 5k on Saturday morning.
- Take a day trip to Hood Canal. Get an itinerary here.
- Learn how to make batiks at the Procession of the Species Art Studio on Saturday.
- Participate in creating a community piece of art at the WET Science Center on Saturday afternoon.
- Organize a Spring Break staycation using this guide.
- Try on clothes during the Habitat trunk show at Belleza Ropa on Saturday.
- Watch a performance of Peter Rabbit (in its final weekend) at Olympia Family Theater.
- Gather your girlfriends for a Girls Night Out at Sandstone Distillery on Saturday.
- Plan to visit the Olympia Farmers Market when it returns to its regular hours. The market “opens” for the season on Thursday, April 7 and remains open Thursdays – Sundays from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. through October.
- Learn about volunteering at a Washington State Park.
- Visit a new location for story time next week.
- Grab a last minute spot in a Spring Break camp.
- Take a walk inside the historic Olympia Brewery.
- Get your motor ready for summer boating at Tom’s Outboard.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.
*Photo credit: Kim Merriman.