Happy Holidays, Olympia! Every Friday, ThurstonTalk Editors comb through our event calendar and articles to bring you a highlighted list of things to do around town. If you have kids out of school, in-laws in town, or just need to get outside the house for a bit, we trust that you will find something entertaining in Olympia. Cheers!
- Drive our Christmas light tour.
- Plan your Polar Bear Plunge on New Year’s Day.
- Dig razor clams through December 26 at Copalis Beach. Tide information is here.
- Catch a screening of “The Prince of Egypt” at the Capitol Theater on Christmas Day. Event information can be found here.
- Close out the Christmas holiday by watching Harlequin Productions’ Stardust.
- Check out major Christmas light displays at Ken Lake and Oly Lightstravaganza.
- Uplift your hear with this story of generosity at South Puget Sound Community College.
- Manage your stress levels with these tips from Eastside Chiropractic.
- Commit to learning something new in 2016, like adult music lessons.
- Stretch your legs with one of these 10 walks around Thurston County.
- Let someone else clean-up. Learn about the gift of time from Elite Cleaning.
- Keep your in-laws busy with this bucket list of 10 “must do” activities in Olympia.
- Prep your home for the onslaught of winter weather.
- Make New Year’s Eve plans at either the Red Lion Hotel or Quinault Beach Resort.
- Take a look at the history of Christmas Island, which is now on display in Maytown.
- Read about wonderful non-profit organizations in our community. They each do good work every day.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.
*Photo credit: Kim Merriman.