Chilly mornings and chilly evenings (and chilly soccer practices) signal the impending arrival of fall. The events calendar reflects this change, too, with fewer outdoor festivals and community parades among our listings. However, the shift to fall encourages engagement with our community in other ways. Try a new restaurant. Take in a local theater productions. Investigate fall leaves in your favorite parks. Fall happens to be my favorite season and I look forward to all things pumpkin spice, the return of scarves and boots and channeling my competitive nature into sideline soccer cheers. Thurston County may be sliding into fall, but it’s not sliding into inactivity and our weekend event calendar reflects the many happenings you can choose from whether its chilly and foggy or sun-shiny. While we highlight many happenings around town in our list below, don’t forget to visit our full events calendar at ThurstonTalk.com for many more.
- Kick off the weekend by finding a new job. Hiring event at SPSCC starts at 10:00 a.m.
- Catch the Olympia Little Theater’s production of the popular film “Calendar Girls” all weekend.
- Pick out your perfect pickles to enter in the 5th Annual Olympia Supply Pickle Contest.
- Shop at a new farmers’ market for fall produce. Four weekend options found in this article.
- Start your Saturday morning with a new Pumpkin Spice latte or Salted Caramel Mocha from locally owned Drip Espresso Bar.
- Explore the local gem, Hope Island State Park.
- Tour the historic Tugboat Sand Man on Saturday or Sunday.
- Meet Lacey moms working together to support one another and our community in the Lacey MOMS Club.
- Cheer for the Capital High School Cougarettes Dance Team as they raise funds to reach Nationals at their Saturday auction.
- Say “aloha” at grand opening concerts and events all weekend at The Lanai Cafe – a new Hawaiian restaurant in downtown Olympia.
- Add a new furry member to your family. Details on pet adoption (and pet supplies) found here.
- Plan an outing to Burfoot Park. Details on a all the park offers found here.
- Find something special at downtown Olympia’s new Blackbird Mercantile and Trading Company.
- See if you can complete your last few items on our 2015 Bucket List.
- Cruise the streets during the annual Morningside Ride – a road rally to raise funds for students with disabilities. Registration details here.
- Check out the cool rides and fun activities at the Summer’s End Car Show in Lacey on Saturday.
- Find your dream home this weekend with help from local agents at Redfin.
- Road trip to Hood Canal. Seven awesome stops listed here.
- Learn to read Tarot Cards at a Radiance Herbs and Massage workshop on Saturday.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.