Submitted by The City of Tumwater
Celebrate this 4th of July in Tumwater. Events for Independence Day are listed below.
Independence Day Parade – Saturday, July 4, 11:00 a.m.
The parade will be led by Grand Marshals from the Tumwater Soccer Club, representing this year’s parade theme, “Just Kickin’ It!” The parade begins at 11:00 a.m. The parade is closed to new entries.
Parade Road Closures and Restricted Vehicle Access
- Traffic on Linderson Way and West Lee Street will be restricted to emergency access only, beginning at approx. 8:30 a.m. on July 4. If you need access to these streets after 8:30 a.m. and prior to 12:30 p.m., please make advance arrangements for your vehicle in the event that you need to travel.
- From approx. 10:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., vehicular access to and from property along the parade route will be restricted due to street closures.
- The parade route begins at the corner of Capitol Boulevard and Lee Street, moves south on Capitol Boulevard to Israel Road, then turns west (right) onto Israel Road and continues past City Hall, ending at the Linderson Way/Israel Rd intersection. Parade route map is available online here.
Artesian Family Festival & Thunder Valley Fireworks Show
- Held at the Tumwater Valley Golf Course Driving Range. Festival gates open at 6:00 p.m. Event features music, food vendors, games, and much more.
- Thunder Valley Fireworks Show begins at 10:15 p.m. and is accompanied by music on site.
- Festival entry is free; event parking is $10/car. No alcohol, pets, personal fireworks, or BBQs allowed.
Tumwater Farmers Market
The Farmer’s Market will be open on Saturday, July 4, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The market is located at the corner of Capitol Boulevard and Israel Road SW. For more details, visit www.tumwaterfarmersmarket.org.
Although personal fireworks are allowed within the City limits, conditions are exceedingly dry this season and fire danger is high. Please consider alternatives to personal fireworks this year to celebrate Independence Day—the City hosts a full day of festivities, including a professional fireworks show. If you do use personal fireworks this holiday season, please remember:
- Ignition or discharge of safe and sane fireworks are allowed within the City of Tumwater on July 3 and 4, between the hours of 3:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. only.
- Patrol officers will enforce these regulations during the holiday season. Violators can be charged with a misdemeanor and fined up to $1,000.
Find more fireworks information online at www.ci.tumwater.wa.us/fireworks
Please Note: Pioneer Park will be closed all day on Saturday, July 4, 2015. City services will be closed on Friday, July 3 in honor of the holiday.
For more information about activities, please contact Tumwater Parks and Recreation at (360) 754-4160. More details available online at www.ci.tumwater.wa.us/parade or www.ci.tumwater.wa.us/festival.