Submitted by Thurston County
The Board of County Commissioners is currently looking for Thurston County citizens who are interested in filling vacancies on several of the county’s volunteer boards and commissions.
Thurston County government either manages or appoints members to more than 20 different boards and commissions. Members of these various boards and commissions provide advice and recommendations to county leaders on a variety of topics, including agriculture, boundaries for cities and special taxing districts, historic preservation, Medic One service, noxious weed control, and many other topics and issues.
The county is seeking volunteers who would like fill the following board and commission vacancies:
- Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council – 2 vacancies
- Agriculture Advisory Committee – 3 vacancies
- Boundary Review Board – 2 vacancies
- Thurston County Fair Board – 1 vacancy
- Historic Commission – 2 vacancies; 2 alternates
- Pacific Mountain Workforce Development Council – 1 vacancy
- RSN Mental Health Advisory Board of Thurston/Mason County – up to 5 vacancies
- Solid Waste Advisory Committee – 1 vacancy
- Storm and Surface Water Advisory Board – 4 vacancies
- Water Conservancy Board – 2 alternates
To see a complete list of Thurston County boards and commissions and to learn more about the current vacancies and any requirements or qualifications, go to www.co.thurston.wa.us/bocc and click on the “Boards & Commissions” tab on the left hand side of the screen. For questions, contact LaBonita Bowmar, Clerk of the Thurston County Board of County Commissioners at BowmarL@co.thurston.wa.us or (360) 754-3355, x6308.