The return of the razor clams often brings a notion of cool temperatures, rainy weather, and long johns under the hip waders. This weekend, however, appears to be a continuation of our warmer temperatures with a mix of drizzle. The beach-goers this weekend will find ample clams and calm weather patterns to make digging even better. (Get complete tide information here.) Want to try razor clam digging for the first time? We make it easy with this article by one of our writers. The author, Britta Folden, doesn’t simply talk to expert diggers. Instead, she pulls on her rain gear and heads out for a lesson on how to snag your limit. In our circle of friends, it’s always a race to limit the fastest with the fewest number of holes dug. And, then the competition for best clam chowder or fried fritters ensues. No matter what you do this weekend, ThurstonTalk has you covered with entertainment throughout the community.
- Pick a pumpkin at local Thurston County pumpkin patches. Find our Thrifty Thurston story here.
- Dig a limit of razor clams. Tide information can be found here.
- Catch a production of Olympia Family Theater’s “Busytown” or Harlequin Productions‘ “Clybourne Park” throughout the weekend.
- Get dirty at the 2014 Rampage at the RAC obstacle course race on Saturday morning. Race day registration is permitted. Find out more details here.
- Try something new like a Pet First Aid course, a home canning class or an edible weed identification course – all offered on Saturday.
- Join the Gull Harbor Lutheran Church community in celebrating Bavarian Oktoberfest with Sausage Fest on Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Celebrate the harvest season with Nature Nurture’s Farm on Saturday. Find event information here.
- Drink beer for a good cause at the Quinault Beach Resort & Casino on Saturday night. Find complete event details here.
- Take in a Masterworks Chorale Ensemble concert on Saturday evening at The Washington Center.
- Watch the latest fashion trends during (re)Fabulous’ fashion show on Sunday afternoon.
- Observe salmon migrating throughout the weekend. Here are details on where to watch the action.
- Check off a few more items on our “60 Don’t Miss Activities” list with your family.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, click here.