The big news in downtown Olympia this weekend is the Capital City Pride festival. Complete with its own parade, Pride weekend has been a staple in Olympia for 24 years. The two day festival brings more than 15,000 people to downtown Olympia. Celebrate Pride on Saturday and Sunday or try one of those other community activities this weekend around Olympia.
- Enjoy Harlequin Productions performance of ‘Twelfth Night.’ The show opens this weekend.
- Catch a murder mystery dinner at Pellegrino’s Event Center. Complete information on the Friday and Saturday night shows is available here.
- Celebrate Capital City Pride throughout the weekend. Find compete information here.
- Taste Bogel wineries selections at Bayview Thriftway during their Fridays Uncorked event.
- Take a history walking tour from the Lacey Museum or a public art walking tour from the Olympia Farmers Market. The Lacey tour starts at 10:00 am on Saturday and the downtown Olympia event begins at 11:00 am, also on Saturday.
- Dance with Zumba in the Park at the Hands On Children’s Museum on Saturday afternoon.
- Follow the Capital City Pride parade on Sunday at noon. Parade route information can be found here.
- Plan your summer with our list of 25 free things to do with kids around Olympia.
- Find a complete list of summer camps around Olympia here.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, click here.