I have my fingers crossed for a return to last weekend’s glorious Spring weather. But, I know better. It’s April in Western Washington and we’re much more likely to see a downpour than rays of sunshine. Like most Olympia residents, we’ll still be going through our days, hoping that the clouds will part at least for the soccer game or the Easter Egg Hunt. Enjoy the weekend!
- Hunt for Easter Eggs. Eight Easter Egg Hunts are scheduled around Olympia this weekend. Find our complete list here.
- Razor clam digs are set for Easter weekend. Get tide information here.
- Finish your Procession of the Species costume. The Community Art Studio is open throughout the weekend.
- Catch a performance of Olympia Family Theater’s Orphan Train.
- Enjoy a free day at Washington State Parks on Saturday.
- Run a 5k in Yelm on Saturday. The Hop for Hunger 5k benefits the Thurston County Food Bank.
- Participate in the downtown Olympia clean-up on Saturday.
- Snap a picture with the Easter Bunny at Capital Mall through 9:00 pm on Saturday.
- Help reopen the Tenino Quarry Pool at Saturday evening’s fundraising event.
- Solve real-life math problems with the Math for Life game. It ends on Sunday.
- Plan your Arts Walk route for next weekend.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, click here.