Published for Friday, December 6
The holiday season is in full swing and nowhere is it more clear than ThurstonTalk’s event calendar. The calendar is bustling with festive activities, suitable for the whole family. Concerts, live music, and traditional performances are all on tap for a weekend of holiday fun around Olympia. For a complete list of activities, click here.
- ‘Ooh and ahh’ at ornate trees at Providence’s Christmas Forest. Public viewing is available on Saturday (9:00 am – 5:00 pm) and Sunday (10:00 am – 8:00 pm). Read more about the events slated for this weekend here.
- Find Santa throughout Thurston County this weekend. The popular guy can be found in 11 different places this weekend.
- Stay up late at Free Friday Night at the Hands On Children’s Museum. Doors stay open until 9pm.
- Bundle up to hunt for Christmas Trees around Olympia. Sprouffske Trees has plenty to choose from or review the other local tree farms highlighted in this story.
- Tap your foot to a holiday concert.
- Pop into a bazaar. Learn more about local crafters here.
- Listen to The Grey Wharf in concert on Friday night at the Urban Onion.
- Take in a performance of Stardust at Harlequin Productions.
- Learn how to build a tiny house. Tumbleweed’s workshop runs on December 7 and 8 at the Phoenix Inn.
- Cheer for Tumwater High School’s football team in the state championship game. Kick off is at 10:00 am on Saturday in the Tacoma Dome.
- Wave at motorcyclists as they participate in the 36th Annual Olympia Toy Run.
- Dance for Philippines Relief in the Eagle’s Ballroom on Saturday evening.
- Run a 5k benefiting the local Crime Stoppers chapter. The Reindeer Run starts at the Hands On Children’s Museum on Sunday morning.
- Find a family to help during the holidays. Adopt a family details can be found in this article.
- Shop small businesses around Olympia.
Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, click here.