Submitted by Lacey Chamber
The Lacey Chamber of Commerce has an immediate opening for a new Executive Director. The Chamber is a vibrant, business-driven Chamber of Commerce with approximately 350 members and 3 current employees. Membership is highly invested in the Chamber and the Board of Directors is a cohesive unit (13 members) with a dynamic Strategic Plan. A thriving business community in Thurston County which offers excellent schools, outstanding health care resources, and a high quality of life.
The Chamber’s mission is to promote economic growth of the local business community. The Executive Director is responsible for all administrative and management functions of the organization.
Key accountabilities/leadership/management skills & abilities, including:
- Identification of the current and future business community /business climate in Lacey & its Urban Growth Area. Stakeholder management-relationship builder. Community involvement. Economic development and working w/stakeholders.
- Vision/strategic planning & skills.
- Member recruitment and retention. Build/grow & retain membership
- Financial management/annual business planning
- Human resource management. Staff leadership. Motivation/coordination of volunteers
- Event planning.
Background: Successful candidates should possess demonstrated/proven experience guiding an organization, preferably in the management of a chamber of commerce organization.
Salary TBD, depending upon experience and qualifications.
Lacey Chamber of Commerce is an At-Will, Equal Opportunity Employer. Please let us know if you need accommodations to participate in the application process.
Interested candidates need to submit a resume, along with 3 references, to: Al Eckroth, Chair-Search Committee: email@example.com by December 15th, 2013.