Lacey Fire District 3 to Hold Special Meeting to Discuss Staffing Grant
Lacey Fire District 3 has been offered a federal grant to re-staff Station 35 on Willamette Drive NE, which has been unstaffed due to budgetary constraints since April of 2012. While the award is potentially a tremendous boost to the staffing needs of the District, it is not without significant challenges and considerations.
The Board of Fire Commissioners will hold a special meeting on January 10, 2013 at the Headquarters Station at 1231 Franz St SE in Lacey. The meeting will begin at 5:30 P.M. and is solely for the purpose of discussing the specific terms and limitations of the grant. Community input and comments are encouraged, as it will take the entire community’s support to sustain the necessary staffing once the grant expires if the Board chooses to accept it.
The public is invited and encouraged to attend. If you have any questions or would like additional information, please call Chief Brooks at 528-2318.
- Tumwater Fire Department Quickly Resolves Commercial Fire
- Commercial Structure Fire – 4055 Martin Way E.
- Olympia Fire Department Press Release: 212 4th Avenue East (downtown Olympia fire)
- FIRE STATION 4 PUBLIC ART PROPOSAL JURY TUESDAY, JANUARY 24, 6PM, MAIN FIRE STATION TRAINING ROOM 100 EASTSIDE STREET NE
- Olympia Fire Department Holding Innovative Firefighter Safety Training