Happy New Year! As President of the Olympia-Kato Sister City Association I wanted to make sure you knew of the Oshogatsu Japanese New Year celebration coming up from 10 AM to 4 PM on Saturday, January 26, 2013 at the Olympia Center. There will also be a tree-planting ceremony outside the Center at Noon. This should be a great celebration since 2013 is the 50thanniversary of the Hyogo Prefecture/Washington State Sister-State relationship and the centennial of the Japanese gift of the cherry trees to Washington DC. We have invited Governor-elect Inslee to be there with the Japanese-Consulate General who wants to commemorate this in Olympia. The event website is: http://celebratejapan.org/
- It’s A Party – New Year’s Eve Celebration At Little Creek Casino Resort
- Percival Landing + Yashiro Japanese Garden – Beautifully Different Olympia Gardens
- Claus for Celebration: Saul Tannenbaum and friends celebrate the season
- Seattle Jewish Chorale Presents Light the Candles: A Hanukkah Celebration for Everyone!
- Evergreen Recognized By Military Friendly Schools For Third Consecutive Year