Registration for our winter beginning birding class is available now!
This class provides an introduction to birding with an emphasis on developing your identification skills. There will be brief discussion on binoculars and field guide options; lectures and discussions on birding terminology, and basic birding biology and classifications. The goal is to help you build the foundation to better understand and identify the birds in your own yard as well as the birds of Washington.
The instructor for this class will be Scott Mills, PhD. Scott has taught many classes at the beginning level as well as college level ornithology during his many years as a biologist.
Start date is January 12th for four consecutive Saturdays from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. (Jan. 12, 19, 26, and Feb. 2).
In addition, there will be two field-trips with dates and details to be determined at the first class.
The class will be held at the Nisqually Wildlife Education Center.
Cost is $50 per person, with some scholarships available.
Pre-registration is required. For registration or questions, email Shelley Horn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Caution: These classes fill up quickly and can become addictive!
- A Determination to Win – Scott Penner, Blackhills FC
- Tumwater Parks & Recreation: “Magical Mystery” Summer Day Camp
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge : Photo Set From The Scott Kelby Worldwide Photo Walk
- Tunnel Vision: World-class tunnel training developing at Satsop Park
- Dig Tumwater High School Girls Volleyball