The groundhog claimed an early spring, but we certainly were hit with winter this week! If you and your family have been cooped up, this weekend is the time to get out and do something. There are plenty of things to do in Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater, Yelm, and throughout Thurston County. If you are planning on celebrating Valentine’s Day this weekend, there are several things for sweethearts to do as well. Be sure to check with any organizers in case this weekend’s weather causes closures. You can access the full calendar here. Check out our highlights below.
- Attend Climate Conversations: Impacts on Orcas and other Puget Sound Marine Mammals at Olympia City Hall February 15.
- Laugh with your sweetheart at the Valentine Show – Cabaret: Crooners & Spooners at the Triad Theater February 15.
- Celebrate World Whale Day at the WET Science Center February 16.
- Ring in the Chinese New Year at Lacey Timberland Library February 16.
- Hop in your socks at Matchless Brewing’s Valentine’s Day Sock Hop February 16.
- Join in the fun at the 11th annual Sa’Heh’Wa’Mish Powwow February 16-17.
- Create a fused glass suncatcher at Three Magnets Brewing Company’s Glass Fuse and Sip February 17.
- Pick up some special sweet treats from Bittersweet Chocolates for your sweetheart.
- Try the new Olympia Oyster House.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.