The holiday season is in full swing and while our weather may be cold and even a bit wet, there is plenty to do inside to keep you warm, dry, and full of holiday cheer. Or, if weather doesn’t stop you, brave the elements and take your family on an outdoor activity adventure. Either way, there is plenty for the whole family to do in Lacey, Olympia, Tumwater, and beyond this weekend. You can access the full calendar here. Check out our highlights below.
- Make priceless memories at the Montesano Festival of Lights December 7-9.
- Check out the Cooks Christmas Lights and Music in Olympia starting December 7.
- Decorate for a cause at the Mason County Historical Society Tree Decorating and Silent Auction in Shelton December 7-8.
- Stop by the Peanuts Christmas Light Display and donate to the TCSO K9 in Lacey starting December 7.
- Take the kids to the Holiday Kids Tree Lighting at the Capitol December 7.
- Find unique Native American gifts at the annual Holiday Native Arts Fair at Evergreen December 7-8.
- Attend the Tumwater Christmas Tree Lighting Festival at Tumwater City Hall December 8.
- Brave the weather for a winter wonderland walk with Capitol Volkssport Club’s Christmas in the Capitol City Walk December 8.
- Listen to local artist Kate Dinsmore at Matchless Brewing December 8.
- Support local artisans at Duck the Malls at Olympia Film Society, December 8.
- Enjoy sensory-friendly Sunday at the WET Science Center December 9.
- See The Nutcracker as well as a six-foot unicorn at The Washington Center for the Performing Arts.
- Drive away boredom with these 12 winter activities for kids.
- Shop for everyone on your list including yourself at the Olympia Farmers Market.
- Donate a new toy to local families at the Mullinax Ford or TwinStar toys drives.
- Try out a new mattress and donate to a great cause at Woodshed Furniture.
- Skip the dishes and go out for a wonderful meal at Stone Creek Wood Fired Pizza.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.
Photo courtesy: Benjamin Hollis