It’s September! There is a bit of a chill in the morning air and you can practically smell the pumpkin spice items that are popping up everywhere. While summer is ending, there is still plenty of fun for the whole family in Lacey, Tumwater, Olympia and throughout Thurston County. You can access the full calendar here. Check out our highlights below.
- Get a team together and find out if you are tougher than a boy scout at the Thunderbird Challenge September 7.
- Join your fellow active duty military men and women at Fooforaw September 7 at Port of Olympia.
- Learn about hydraulics at the Hands on Children’s Museum First Friday September 7.
- Don your Viking horns and attend the First Annual NW Viking Festival in Ranier September 8-9.
- Cheer on your favorite team for a good cause at the 6th Annual Cancer Awareness Soccer Match at the Tumwater District Stadium September 8.
- Take the grandparents to the Hands on Children’s Museum for free admission on Grandparent’s Day, September 9.
- Fill an empty bowl at the Partners in Prevention Education fundraiser at The Secret Garden September 9.
- Prep your lunches for next week and go green this school year with Thrifty Thurston’s guide.
- Try fresh oysters at Chelsea Farms in the 222 Market.
- Take your best dog on a fall dog-friendly walk around the Hood Canal.
- Learn how to become a home owner with these free home buyer classes from Guild Mortgage.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
Featured photo courtesy: The Outdoor Society
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.