We have just a few more dog days of summer before school starts so it’s time to get out and make the most of them! You have plenty of options this weekend, from local festivals and road trips, to applying for a new career, there is plenty to do in Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater and throughout Thurston County. You can access the full calendar here. Check out our highlights below.
- Enjoy an evening wine tasting at Grand Vin Wine Merchants August 17.
- Join fellow 12th men for the Ocean Shores Fan Fest August 17-19.
- Celebrate at the Love Our Local Fest in Olympia August 18.
- Sip over 100 craft beers from 50 NW breweries at Tumwater Brewfest August 18.
- Drool over classic cars at Panorama’s Car Show August 18.
- Take the kids to the WET Center to learn about Orcas and Wolves August 18.
- Apply for a new career at Uline’s hiring event in Lacey August 18.
- Relax with yoga in the garden at Westport Winery August 19.
- Get the kid’s ready for school with this thrifty guide to back to school shopping written by a teenager.
- Go crabbing on the Hood Canal.
- Drop a baby book of at The Sweetest Things for South Sound Reading Foundation.
- Explore Capitol State Forest by horseback.
- End the summer with a road trip to a Hollywood filming location.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
Featured photo credit: Chris Hamilton
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.