School’s out. The weather is fantastic. Blockbuster films are hitting theaters. It’s official – it’s summer! If you can’t afford to take a vacation, worry not. There is so much family friendly fun right here in Thurston County that you are sure to have a summer of Jurassic proportions! Luckily for us, the summer solstice is this weekend, so we get to spend the longest day of the year just having fun! You can access the full calendar here. Check out our highlights below.
- Grab a Burgrassic from Eastside Big Tom and play with some Dinosaurs starting June 22.
- Have a date night at Yelm Cinemas and see Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom starting June 22.
- Run for life with the Relay for Life Thurston County at Komachin Middle School June 22-23.
- Learn about bats at Traditions Café and World Folk Art June 22.
- Rock out at the Magical Mystery Midsummer Musical opening June 22.
- Cool off at the Fire Rescue Specatular!, part of Summer Splash at the Hands On Children’s Museum June 23.
- Don your kilt and take a short drive to the Tacoma Highland Games at the Pierce County Fairgrounds June 23.
- Find out the secret at the Secret Cafe June 23 and raise money for charity.
- Join in the nostalgic fun at the Olympia Country and Golf Club with a membership.
- Take advantage of the weather and start your own urban farm.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
Feature photo credit: Colton Weaver
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.