Snow!!! It’s been a week full of wild weather and kids home from school. What will the weekend bring? More white or just wet? Either way, there are plenty of fun-filled activities to keep you busy (and warm!) this weekend. From theater performances to music concerts to comedy shows – there is something for everyone. So grab a scarf and hat (and maybe a sled) and engage with your community this weekend. And, as always, you can access our full calendar right here.
- Support the Olympia School District Education Foundation at this weekend’s show, “Hello Dolly!”
- Cheer for the SMU Saints and celebrate 50 years of Pavilion history during Homecoming activities all weekend.
- Laugh away your winter blues with local comic, Gabriel Rutledge at the Washington Center.
- Fill your belly with pie at the 10th annual Pie Fest, Saturday, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Play some “Boot Scootin’ Bingo” at the Olympia Senior Center on Friday night. 21+ only.
- Take time this weekend to prep for emergencies your furry family members.
- Celebrate Chinese New Year. Details here.
- Spend Saturday cheering for local dance teams at The Cougarette’s Live to Dance competition.
- Plan ahead to attend next week’s Lacey Depot District sessions and help shape your community. Details here.
- Enjoy the folk music of The Brothers Four at the Washington Center, raising funds for local homeless youth.
- Spend a day in Hoodsport with this guide to Hood Canal fun.
- Grab a bite at Uptown Lounge in the heart of Yelm (and adjacent to the movie theater!).
- Root for your favorite team as local basketball teams battle through regionals.
- Head to the Olympia Family Theater Friday and Saturday for their version of the Three Little Pigs.
- Take your littles to the new Tumwater Historical Park playground to burn some energy.
- Mark your calendar for a year of festivals and events in Thurston County.
- Polish your clam shovel in preparation for next weekend’s razor clam tides.
- Visit the Hands On Children’s Museum for free dental health screenings and more all weekend.
- Find your next read at the massive Books, Brownies and Beans used book sale on Saturday.
- Play your favorite game at the South Sound Board Game Convention. All welcome.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.
*Photo credit: Diane Waiste