Our house this week has been filled with candy hearts, doilies, pipe cleaners and glue. Making Valentines together is a tradition we have long enjoyed as a family. I do draw the line at glitter…no glitter comes into my house (on purpose). As we head into the weekend, perhaps planning for next week’s day of love is on your list. Or, perhaps, just spending time with those you love. For time together engaged in fun activities and events, look no further than our list of what to do around Olympia this weekend. And, for a full list of happenings, turn to our Events Calendar page.
- Spice up your weekend a bit early with a “50 Shades Marathon” at Yelm Cinemas on Thursday night.
- Learn about the incredible community building for Native students happening on Friday at SPSCC’s FIRE Summit.
- Ponder “3 Impossible Questions” at the the Olympia Family Theater’s mainstage production, Thursday – Sunday.
- Plan your Valentine’s Day celebrations with our list of non-traditional ideas.
- Play at the HOCM’s Adult Swim on Friday – an adults only night at the museum with a “Love Bytes” theme.
- Grab a pizza (yes, a pizza) from Eastside Big Tom.
- Catch the final weekend of “I Am My Own Wife” at Harlequin Productions.
- Grab a new read at the Olympia Library’s giant used book (and media) sale.
- Head to Splash Gallery on Percival Landing for a chocolate (eating) and card-making event.
- Swing by the new west Olympia Bike Hut for a free fill-up and more.
- Take a weekend road trip to Grays Harbor to explore the roots of our region’s logging history.
- Mark your calendar for the upcoming UFO Summit in Ocean Shores.
- Find a new book (or one for your Valentine) with Browsers Books’ Top 5 Winter Reads.
- Fill in your calendar with our 2018 list of Olympia’s major festivals and events.
- Dive into the world of S-Town when This American Life’s Brian Reed takes the Washington Center stage.
- Take the littles to the Hands On Children’s Museum for play and a free dental screening.
- Learn about backyard chickens at Eastside Farm and Garden’s Saturday “Hatch to Hen” class.
- Prepare for Fat Tuesday Fun at Little Creek’s Mardi Gras Party. Details here.
- Help the community at Saturday’s United Way “Straight from the Heart” event.
- Explore the WET Science Center on Sensory-Friendly Sunday, specifically for visitors with sensory differences.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.
*Photo Credit: Diane Waiste