The holidays are upon us and that means a whole host of holiday happenings all around town. From Symphony Orchestra concerts to holiday bazaars, there is something going on every day this weekend in just about every corner of the county. And, if finding a bit of the peace of the season is what you are after, there are options aplenty for exploring the quiet of the winter woods. The only question left is what will you choose?
- Kick off the holidays with the Capitol Rotunda Tree Lighting on Friday night benefiting kids throughout the state.
- Dig razor clams Friday through Monday. A handy “how-to” guide found here.
- Book a sitter and have a date night at Olympia’s Pizzeria La Gitana. Order suggestions here.
- Try out the sport of lacrosse at Saturday’s free clinic at Capital High School for kids up through high school.
- Grab your besties for the Harry Potter Teen Yule Ball on Friday night at Tumwater Library.
- Listen to holiday concerts at The Washington Center or Minnaert Center on Dec. 2. Details here.
- Tour historic homes on Sunday at the annual Olympia Historical Society Holiday Tour of Homes.
- View the lights at Oly Lightstravaganza all weekend. Rumor has it Santa might visit on Sunday.
- Attend “Turn Up for Toys” at Tipsy in downtown Olympia on Saturday night where a new donated toy gets you a free app or dessert.
- Learn from BHHS grad Lyndsay Morris at her Saturday mindfulness training for teachers.
- Enjoy the opening weekend of Harlequin Production’s Stardust Christmas Fandango.
- Find “Signing Santa” at Chambers Prairie Elementary on Friday night.
- Take your holiday list, and this shopping guide, to downtown Olympia’s independent merchants.
- Watch OYC’s Lighted Ships Parade on Saturday night. Viewing tips and times here.
- Head to Kids Love Comics on Saturday at the Olympia Library.
- Shop at one of these four holiday bazaars happening this weekend.
- Keep your eye on the roads on Dec. 2 for the annual Olympia Toy Run.
- Cut your Christmas tree at one of these local U-cut (or they cut) farms.
- Browse Toyota of Olympia’s used car selection for an early Christmas present.
- Challenge yourself to try something new: Trapeze Yoga at Gravity Yoga.
- Explore the rainy season on one of these local hikes or watch it pour at one of these indoor venues.
- Purchase a bit of holiday magic on the Polar Express or Santa Steam Train.
- Experience a local tradition – The Christmas Island, now located in Maytown.
- Have breakfast with Santa at Indian Summer Golf and Country Club on Sunday morning.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.
*Photo courtesy: Oly Lightstravaganza