Are you wearing green today? I always forget and inevitably get pinched, but all in good fun for St. Patrick’s Day. What else is fun? The potential for more sunshine this weekend, for one thing. And, a whole host of great things happening throughout the county, too. Check out the highlights of what to do around Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater and beyond this weekend. For a full listing of local events, visit our Events Calendar page on ThurstonTalk.com. Don’t forget – you can add your own events, too.
- Laugh your week away at Harlequin Productions’ The Understudy.
- Donate your time to the community. Volunteer work parties and events found here.
- Take the kids to see Alice in Wonderland at Olympia Family Theater.
- Get in the Irish spirit with these “green” hikes (post-hike brew recommendations included).
- Learn about Helsing Junction Farm as they awake from winter and prepare for CSA season.
- Sip with friends at Scatter Creek Winery and say “Hi” to owners Terril and Andrea Keary.
- Enjoy live music. A full listing of weekend concerts here.
- Head to the beach for the Ocean Shores Razor Clam Festival (no digging required).
- Catch a showing of Fantastic Mr. Fox (free for the kids) at Capitol Theater’s Saturday Kids Club.
- Peek at the “Social Pages” – ThurstonTalk’s newest section to connect the community.
- Venture around the county with your pooch. Our guide shows you how.
- Learn about unique summer camp and educational options at Saturday’s Alternative Education Fair. Full details here.
- Plan now to attend Tuesday’s “Bach around the Clock” – 24 hours of ALL Bach’s organ works performed by Curt Sather.
- Explore the McLane Creek Nature Trail with your little leprechauns.
- Grab a hearty breakfast at South Bay Pub & Eatery on Saturday and Sunday.
- Pretend you are in “Pitch Perfect” at the Harmony Sweepstakes A Cappella Festival, Saturday night at the Washington Center.
- Read about a local artisan crafting nationally recognized Tiny Houses right here in Olympia.
- Stroll the streets of historic Centralia with these tips on must-see spots.
- Step inside Poppet – one of Olympia’s newest consignment shops for kids.
- Find out if PRP Injections could be the answer to solving your chronic pain.
- Sign your kiddos up for a Spring Break Camp from our list.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.
*Photo credit: Chris Hamilton