It’s March. And it’s wet. Local parents and kids returned to the soccer field this week and people all over town battled Thursday’s downpours while trying to make their way around town. However, a balmy 55 degrees and scattered showers is predicted for Sunday, so keep the faith you hearty Pacific Northwesterners and select some indoor fun for Saturday and plan an outing to seek some vitamin D (maybe??) on Sunday. Our list below has a little bit of both.
- Bring the littles to the Olympia Family Theater for their morning production of The Emperor’s New Clothes.
- Dig razor clams on the coast. Digs last all weekend during afternoon daylight hours.
- Get cheesy at The Mousetrap. Their Friday evening event includes cheese galore.
- Send your middle school girl to Saturday’s Expanding your Horizons STEM event. Details here.
- Laugh it up at Harlequin Productions’ comedy show, The Understudy.
- Fill up at Acme Fuel’s newly opened downtown station.
- Explore the brewing history (and raise a pint) with this local beer history tour guide.
- Prepare you tween or teen for babysitting at Saturday morning’s class in Tumwater.
- Celebrate diversity at Lacey’s Ethnic Celebration on Saturday at St. Martin’s.
- Stroll and explore on the McLane Creek Nature Trail.
- Catch a showing of Fantastic Mr. Fox for free at Capitol Theater on Saturday morning.
- Get your costume started at the Procession of the Species Studio Open House on Saturday from noon – 4:00 p.m.
- Sign up your kiddos for a spring break camp. Our list has some great options.
- Congratulate the dentists at Small to Tall Pediatric Dentistry on their recent award.
- Visit the Scatter Creek Winery – a dream come true for owners Andrea and Terril Keary.
- Plan a local adventure with your pup. Our guide shows you how.
- Sip spirits at the 2nd annual South Sound Spirits Gathering.
- Cheer for local dancers at the Dance to Make a Difference Gala supporting the Family Support Center.
- Visit your local Ace – Lincoln Creek Lumber. Birthday gifts, housewares and more await.
- Jog a little to earn a donut at Sunday’s Donut Dash 5K and Kids Run.
- Check out Leonardo DiCaprio’s award-winning documentary, Before the Flood at the Koval Center on Sunday at 1:00 p.m.
- Get inspired for spring at The Barn Nursery’s free class on vegetable gardening.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.
Photo credit: Amy Evans