“Mom! We have four days off!” This was the joyful exclamation from my kids when they realized a holiday weekend was imminent. And, whether you have three days, four days of just two days off this weekend, there’s something for you on our Weekend Event Calendar. From theater and museums to hikes and adventures, the best of Thurston County awaits you in our handy-dandy list. And, as always, you can view all of our event listings on our calendar page here.
- Use our President’s Day weekend guide to plan your days of fun.
- Tap your toes at the Olympia Old Time Festival. Events all weekend long.
- Beautify the Yoshiro Japanese Garden at Saturday’s community work party.
- Visit the Hands On Children’s Museum for a free dental screening from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Rediscover nature at the Nisqually Wildlife Refuge.
- Cheer the Clippers on Saturday as the SPSCC Women’s basketball team takes on Centralia College.
- Celebrate presidents of the past with a historical presentation at Funeral Alternatives.
- Browse this list of major events in 2017 and update your calendar.
- Explore a National Park for free on February 20. A full list of dates and locations here.
- Enjoy the boatloads of snow while sledding at Mount Rainier (it’s free on Monday!).
- Hit the slopes at a new ski area. This article from last winter catalogs some hidden gems.
- Learn about the Team USA Roller Hockey team’s roots at Skateland before you hit the rink yourself.
- Hunt of some bargains at Washington states only clearance centers for Nike, Under Armor and Polo Ralph Lauren.
- Visit downtown’s newest market – Pantry at 222 Market.
- Engage your kids off the screens with some local geocaching.
- Take a day trip. These 5 options are only an hour or two away.
- Bowl a few games at historic, but remodeled, Aztec Lanes.
- Venture south to Centralia and explore the historic downtown with this guide.
- Make up for a less than stellar Valentine’s Day with a romantic trip to the coast.
- Find (or hide) a few of these special rocks around Thurston County.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.
*Photo credit: Darcy Kauffman