From white and wintry to wet and windy….its been a week of wild weather. This weekend’s forecast, though, looks to be calming down offering an opportunity for you to get out and enjoy your community and all it has to offer. As always, our full ThurstonTalk events calendar has a rundown tons of things happening around town. Here, we’ve highlighted a few events and a few suggestions to fill your days off.
- Leave the kids at home for the HOCM’s Adult Swim on Friday night.
- Enjoy Whim W’him contemporary dance at SPSCC’s Artist and Lecture Series.
- Take in a theater performance. 13 performances are listed here for this weekend.
- Plan a getaway for Valentine’s Day to the beach. Details on romance at Chateau Westport here.
- Order something special for Valentine’s Day, minus the allergenic ingredients with this list of local allergy-friendly bakeries.
- Volunteer at a local work party around the county.
- Find something new to wear that’s made in the USA at Belleza Ropa’s party on Saturday.
- Eat a slice of “fudgy wudgy” cake – the favorite desert at NorthFork Grill – after exploring Hood Canal and beyond.
- Take the kids down to the Hands On Children’s Museum for free dental screenings on Saturday.
- Learn about ways to honor your furry family members.
- Head to the ocean with your Valentine for Quinault Beach Resort’s Valentine’s weekend.
- Book a week in a forest service cabin. These hidden gems are treat.
- Browse historic downtown Centralia using this guide.
- Get creative with your sweet treats for the upcoming day of love. Tips here.
- Learn the proper way to prune your fruit trees at The Barn Nursery’s free workshop.
- Take a heart-healthy cooking class at GRuB on Sunday.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.
*Photo credit: Chris Hamilton