Submitted by Drew Freemantle for Maid Perfect
One of those things that sometimes gets missed in the kitchen is the microwave oven. We tell our kids to cover their food but that doesn’t always happen. This month we will teach you how to really deep clean a microwave and how to make the task less difficult in the future.
Follow the eight simple steps below to a achieve a sparkling clean microwave.
- Remove the upper vent with a screw driver and wash in a sink of hot soapy water.
- Wipe the outside ledge of the oven with a sponge and Scrubbing Bubbles.
- Dry the upper vent and put it back on the microwave.
- Remove the vents under the microwave, clean in the dishwasher or in sink. Put them back when dry.
- Clean the outside of the oven with a glass cleaner.
- Remove the glass tray and wash with hot soapy water.
- Spray the inside of the microwave with Scrubbing Bubbles, let sit for a couple of minutes and then wipe clean with damp sponge.
- Put glass tray back and you are done!
A good way to prevent mess in the microwave is to get a washable food cover.
We hope that this helps and if cleaning is just not your thing then visit our website at Maid Perfect.com or give us a call 360-402-6248 for your free consultation.
Maid Perfect is a residential and commercial cleaning company that has been serving the Olympia, Lacey and Tumwater area for over eight years. We are licensed, insured and all of our employees have been background checked.