Published for Friday, October 11
Pumpkins, colorful leaves, and football…we must be well into Autumn in Olympia. The weekend forecast looks mixed, but hopefully promising so that Olympia residents can get outside to enjoy a pumpkin patch or harvest festival. If it’s time to start planning your Halloween costume, look to this article for cheap costume ideas or explore the vast costume choices at locally owned Creative Costumes.
- Tap your foot in time at the Tumwater Marching Band Festival. The competition begins at 9 a.m. on Saturday and is scheduled to last all day.
- Visit Nature Nurtures Farm for their Harvest Festival on Saturday from 10 a.m . – 3 p.m. Find more details here.
- Get dirty at Rampage at the RAC on Saturday. More information on the obstacle course race can be found here.
- Participate in Evergreen Christian’s Glow in the Dark 5k on Saturday night.
- Drop off your kids for Parent’s Night Out at the Hands On Children’s Museum on Saturday evening.
- Listen to Masterworks Chorale Ensemble on Saturday night.
- Pick pumpkins at patches around Olympia. Get specific information about hours and locations here.
- View art at the Washington Center.
- Catch Fool’s Play Improv, Henry V, or an Improbable Peck of Plays II. Local theater information can be found on our events calendar.
Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, click here.