10 Things To Do While Visiting Olympia, Lacey & Tumwater
You have long lost relatives in town for a wedding this weekend. You need to entertain your extended family during a reunion. Your sister-in-laws cousin’s kids are visiting. You are moving in a few weeks and want to make sure you haven’t missed an experience. You want to explore your backyard in more detail. Whatever the reason… ThurstonTalk has you covered for the Top Ten things to do in Thurston County. Click on any link to learn more about this activity. Or, turn to our events calendar for a current list of what’s happening in Olympia.
And, be sure to reference our major event and festival calendar. Perhaps there will even be a parade heading down Capitol Way.
1. Rent kayaks at Tugboat Annie’s or Boston Harbor Marina. Paddle in Puget Sound or Hood Canal.
2. Swing into the Hands On Children’s Museum. Hop next door to LOTT’s WET Science Center. Splash in the East Bay Public Plaza.
3. Tour the Washington State capitol buildings and grounds. Take time to visit the State Capitol Museum, Lacey Museum or Olympic Flight Museum.
4. Explore Capital State Forest by foot or bike. Hike, boulder, or mountain bike in the 100,000+ acre natural woodland.
5. Ride the Chehalis-Western Trail. Join the Woodland Creek trail to extend the bike ride. (More biking info here.)
6. Shop at the Olympia Farmers Market. Talk to local farmers and craftspeople. Explore seven smaller Farmers Markets around the area. During the summer months, visit the South Sound Estuarium.
7. Take a seat and dine on tasty, often locally grown, food at area restaurants. Ask for a window seat to enjoy the view at many waterfront eateries.
8. Walk the boardwalk at Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge or McLane Creek Nature Trail. Both locations have a family friendly trail through diverse habitat.
9. Attend a live performance at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts, Harlequin Productions, Olympia Family Theater, or Capital Playhouse.
10. Celebrate the migrating salmon or the rushing waterfalls at the centrally located Tumwater Falls Park. Visit any of our local parks and beaches.
This list is certainly not exclusive. There are loads of amazing businesses, events, and activities in the Thurston County area. Plus, use our event calendar to find local activities to entertain your crew.
- Plan To Attend A 2013 Easter Egg Hunt In Olympia, Lacey Or Tumwater
- Father’s Day Activities Around Olympia
- ThurstonTalk Announces Enhanced Event Calendar For Olympia And Thurston County
- 2012 Thurston County Festivals and Major Event Calendar For Olympia, Lacey and Tumwater
- 2013 Festival And Major Event Calendar For Olympia, Lacey, And Tumwater