Welcome to the last weekend of 2012. My kids are already gathering sparklers and pots and pans to bang when the New Year erupts. Should I tell them that 9pm is actually the New Year in a different time zone? Nope – I appreciate my bed time routines too much to try to reach midnight in the Pacific time zone. Check out our events calendar for things to do this long weekend.
- Family friendly New Year’s celebrations can be found in this article.
- Make it a long weekend at Quinault Beach Resort & Casino in Ocean Shores. The celebration lasts all weekend.
- Or, travel just down the road to Little Creek Casino Resort to ring in the New Year at an adults-only celebration.
- You can also try your luck at digging razor clams at area beaches. Learn more about this family friendly activity here.
- If icy water is in the cards for New Year’s Day, try the polar bear plunge at Long Lake. Photos from last year’s event can be found at this link.
- If you are spending part of your weekend taking down your holiday decorations, check here for information on recycling your tree.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, click here.