Submitted by Timberland Regional Library
It’s cold out there, but you’re indoors, you’re warm, reading a book, and while you’re at it building up your chances of winning a bag of books and treats, or even a nice little getaway. Giving substance to this vision, the annual Timberland Regional Library (TRL) Adult Winter Reading program is offering chances to win prizes while reading books you love in the format you prefer, whether print, audio, or electronic.
Participating is simple. Pick up an Adult Winter Reading brochure/reading log form at any Timberland library or print one from the Timberland Regional Library website at www.TRL.org. Read five books or listen to five audio books between January 1 and March 15. For each five books you finish, complete the form with the title, author and brief review of each book. Bring your list to a Timberland library by Friday, March 15 and fill out a separate prize entry form.
Grand Prizes for 2013
- Hampton Creek Inn on Highway 12 between Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Rainier: overnight stay and breakfast for two
- Lake Quinault Lodge in the Olympic National Forest: one-night stay for two
- Lochaerie Resort on Lake Quinault’s north shore: overnight stay for two in a resort cabin with fireplace and kitchen
- Shelburne Inn in Seaview: one-night lodging in an antique-appointed deluxe room. $75 dinner credit, and gourmet breakfast for two
- Tokeland Hotel in Tokeland: one-night accommodation and breakfast for two
- Bag of books and beverages; ten will be awarded
Grand prizes for overnight getaways at Western Washington resorts and bags of books and beverages will be drawn at TRL headquarters on March 22. Some date exclusions apply at some of the overnight stays. Local prizes will be drawn at libraries at various times during the program. Check with your TRL branch for complete prize lists and rules. All prizes donated by local businesses and Friends of the Library groups.
Participants must be 18 or older and TRL cardholders. Each participant will be eligible to win one grand prize and one local prize. TRL employees and immediate family members are not eligible to participate. Information and printable forms will also be at www.TRL.org by the end of December.